The charity meetup event was designed to make it easy and enjoyable for people working in the not for profit sector to make new connections. The networking is facilitated by the organiser Dawn Newton and participants are supported and encouraged through activities and games.
The meetup is a relaxed evening of drinks, chatting, networking and fun. Everyone is welcome. Participants can arrive or leave at any point during the evening. We have a game to help everyone meet new members and interactive sessions such as talks, workshops or group discussions which match the theme for each event.
Friday, 21 September, 2:00pm – 6:00pm at Google
Book via Eventbrite
Theme: Diversity and Inclusion
Subscribe: To London email updates
Next date: Thursday 27th September – 5:30 – 7:45pm at John Lewis High Wycombe – Book via Eventbrite
Theme: Building Corporate Partnerships
Subscribe: To Bucks email updates
The event has a good mix of participants including people from different parts of the charity sector including fundraisers, marketers, consultants, in-house staff, freelancers, agencies and we hope that this will continue with the future events.
“I would definitely recommend the event. It was a great mix of people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Really relaxed atmosphere. Good mix of activity and opportunity to have conversations with various attendees. Thank you for the hard work that obviously went into organising.”
Charity Meetup, the story so far…
London Group Events:
1. The first event was in July 2015 and had 30 participants we ran people bingo and colour coded networking activities. Hosted by the Big Chill House.
3. The third event was in November 2015 and had more than 40 participants and our theme was Reflecting on the successes of the year. Hosted by Fairly Square.
4. The fourth event was in February 2016 hosted by JustGiving with a theme of Innovation including speakers Jamie Parkins (JG) and author Lucy Gower. We had 90 signups and it trended on twitter.
5. The fifth event was in April 2016 hosted by IdeaLondon. Our theme was Finding Happiness, we had a panel of people who had found their dream job and Gabija shared her insights in how our brains work, helping us discover how to form new habits successfully.
6. The sixth event was in July 2016 hosted by Impact Hub King’s Cross and the theme was the Future of Fundraising. We had talks, an expert panel and small group sessions to close. We had over 80 signups. You can view the video of the event created by Oliver Wilkins on our YouTube channel.
7. The seventh event was in October 2016, our theme was Creating a Culture of Collaboration. The event was sponsored by CharityConnect and hosted by London Campus. We had over 200 sign-ups. We had an icebreaker, small group activity and an expert panel. The panel was live streamed on periscope and you can watch it on our YouTube channel.
8. The eighth event was in March 2017, our theme was Resilient and Enterprising. We had seven inspirational talks (full details). The event was hosted by Blackbaud at their offices with scenic views of London Bridge and delicious canapes by social enterprise Fat Macys. We had over 80 signups.
9. The ninth event was in May 2017, our theme was Digital Innovation. We had an amazing line-up including: a talk from Hannah Fox on the Return on Investment tool she used in the Comms team at Comic Relief, an amazing panel of experts including Joe Freeman – Assistant Director, Digital Engagement at Breast Cancer Now, Lily Elizabeth Davies – Innovation – Chickenshed Theatre – Executive Director of Marketing, Fundraising & Commerce, Jon Ware – Digital Content Lead at Anthony Nolan and James Tuffs – Client Partner at R/GA London – Award-winning digital agency and a talk from Asmaa from Age UK on their digital product developed as part of the Fuse programme by CAST. The event was hosted by Cha Cha Teng in their conference space and we had over 160 signups. Watch the videos here.
10. The tenth event was in September 2017 hosted by Google at their new HQ in Kings Cross. Our theme was Video for Good. For the first time we held the event in the daytime and we had a record-breaking 170 guests, who joined us to explore video with inspirational talks and practical breakout groups. We also offered tours of the YouTube creator space.
11. The eleventh meetup was in November 2017, hosted by JustGiving (our second event held here) and we explored Celebrating Success and Failure. We ran failure swap shops in small groups, had expert talks and an expert panel.
12. The twelfth meetup was in March 2018, hosted by Oliver Wyman. The topic was Supercharge your email marketing and GDPR. We had a talk by Glyn Thomas
13. The thirteenth meetup was in May 2018, hosted by Whatif Innovation and sponsored by Makerble. Our topic was Impact Matters. We had games, talks and activities. This was also our 3rd anniversary event.
View the photos in this collection.