Feel Connected ~ Get & Give Support ~ Share Ideas
The Charity Meetup event was designed to make it easy and enjoyable for people working in the not for profit sector to make new connections. Created by Dawn Newton each event has facilitated networking activities and games.
The meetups are monthly friendly networking and skills sharing events designed for the charity sector. Everyone is welcome. Participants can arrive or leave at any point during the event. We have a game to help everyone meet new members and interactive sessions such as talks, workshops or group discussions which match the theme for each event.
Host: Hayley Watts
Subscribe: London email updates – be the first to hear about new event dates
Theme: Tech for Good
Date: Tue 11 Aug 2020
Time: 10:00 – 12:00 – Online via Zoom (Book via Eventbrite)
Hosts: Vicky Kangurs and Claire Colvine
Dates for your diary: We will be running the Birmingham group on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
The next dates are:
08 September / 13 October / 10 November
Subscribe: Birmingham Email Updates List
Theme: Evolving Events & Competitions
Date: Tues 28 July 2020
Time: 10 am – 12 noon
Host: Leah Lewis
Venue: Online via Zoom – Book via Eventbrite
Subscribe: Bucks email updates
Looking for sponsors – get in touch
Read recent blog posts
The event has a good mix of participants including people from different parts of the charity sector including fundraisers, marketers, consultants, in-house staff, freelancers, agencies and we hope that this will continue with the future events.
“I would definitely recommend the event. It was a great mix of people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Really relaxed atmosphere. Good mix of activity and opportunity to have conversations with various attendees. Thank you for the hard work that obviously went into organising.”
Charity Meetup, the story so far…
London Group Events:
1. The first event was in July 2015 and had 30 participants we ran people bingo and colour coded networking activities. Hosted by the Big Chill House.
3. The third event was in November 2015 and had more than 40 participants and our theme was Reflecting on the successes of the year. Hosted by Fairly Square.
4. The fourth event was in February 2016 hosted by JustGiving with a theme of Innovation including speakers Jamie Parkins (JG) and author Lucy Gower. We had 90 signups and it trended on twitter.
5. The fifth event was in April 2016 hosted by IdeaLondon. Our theme was Finding Happiness, we had a panel of people who had found their dream job and Gabija shared her insights in how our brains work, helping us discover how to form new habits successfully.
6. The sixth event was in July 2016 hosted by Impact Hub King’s Cross and the theme was the Future of Fundraising. We had talks, an expert panel and small group sessions to close. We had over 80 signups. You can view the video of the event created by Oliver Wilkins on our YouTube channel.
7. The seventh event was in October 2016, our theme was Creating a Culture of Collaboration. The event was sponsored by CharityConnect and hosted by London Campus. We had over 200 sign-ups. We had an icebreaker, small group activity and an expert panel. The panel was live streamed on periscope and you can watch it on our YouTube channel.
8. The eighth event was in March 2017, our theme was Resilient and Enterprising. We had seven inspirational talks (full details). The event was hosted by Blackbaud at their offices with scenic views of London Bridge and delicious canapes by social enterprise Fat Macys. We had over 80 signups.
9. The ninth event was in May 2017, our theme was Digital Innovation. We had an amazing line-up including: a talk from Hannah Fox on the Return on Investment tool she used in the Comms team at Comic Relief, an amazing panel of experts including Joe Freeman – Assistant Director, Digital Engagement at Breast Cancer Now, Lily Elizabeth Davies – Innovation – Chickenshed Theatre – Executive Director of Marketing, Fundraising & Commerce, Jon Ware – Digital Content Lead at Anthony Nolan and James Tuffs – Client Partner at R/GA London – Award-winning digital agency and a talk from Asmaa from Age UK on their digital product developed as part of the Fuse programme by CAST. The event was hosted by Cha Cha Teng in their conference space and we had over 160 signups. Watch the videos here.
10. The tenth event was in September 2017 hosted by Google at their new HQ in Kings Cross. Our theme was Video for Good. For the first time we held the event in the daytime and we had a record-breaking 170 guests, who joined us to explore video with inspirational talks and practical breakout groups. We also offered tours of the YouTube creator space.
11. The eleventh meetup was in November 2017, hosted by JustGiving (our second event held here) and we explored Celebrating Success and Failure. We ran failure swap shops in small groups, had expert talks and an expert panel.
12. The twelfth meetup was in March 2018, hosted by Oliver Wyman. The topic was Supercharge your email marketing and GDPR. We had a talk by Glyn Thomas
13. The thirteenth meetup was in May 2018, hosted by Whatif Innovation and sponsored by Makerble. Our topic was Impact Matters. We had games, talks and activities. This was also our 3rd anniversary event.
14. The fourteenth meetup was in September 2018 hosted by Google, our topic was Diversity and Inclusion. This daytime event included, five talks, Barcampnfp mashup break out groups, and culminated in a panel session.
15. The fifteenth meetup took place on Thursday 23 May 2019 our topic was Fundraising Possibilities. Sponsored by GivePanel. Hosted by SSAFA The Armed Forces Charity. We had talks from Nick Burne on How to Leverage the Power of Facebook’s Giving Tools and Lizzi Hollis spoke about how our supporters are activists. Read the blog summarising this event.
16. The sixteenth meetup took place on the 16th of September 2019 and was kindly hosted by Facebook (Workplace for Good). Our topic was Inspiring Internal Communication. Read the top tips on the blog.
17. The seventeenth meetup took place on the 8th of October 2019. It was kindly hosted by Good Innovation. Our topic was Start-ups for Good. See the summary on our blog.
18. The eighteenth meetup took place on the 18th of November 2019. It was kindly hosted by Theatre Deli. This was a purely social and informal networking gathering, we had no theme and around 60 participants.
Read more about the tweets from these events on Wakelet.
This group began in March 2018 and so far we have held eight events.